12-10-1926 to 7-23-2017
8-27-1924 to 7-9-2017
7-31-1957 to 7-5-2017
12-18-1933 to 6-18-2017
1-3-1924 to 6-18-2017
Social Security Information
Some of the deceased's family members may be able to receive Social Security benefits if the deceased person worked long enough under Social Security to qualify for benefits. You should get in touch with Social Security as soon as you can to make sure the family receives all of the benefits to which it may be entitled. Please read the following information carefully to learn what benefits may be available.
A one-time payment of $255 can be paid to the surviving spouse if he or she was living with the deceased; or, if living apart, was receiving certain Social Security benefits on the deceased's record. If there is no surviving spouse, the payment is made to a child who is eligible for benefits on the deceased's record in the month of death.
Certain family members may be eligible to receive monthly benefits, including:
- A widow or widower age 60 or older (age 50 or older if disabled);
- A surviving spouse at any age who is caring for the deceased's child under age 16 or disabled;
- An unmarried child of the deceased who is younger than age 18 (or age 18 or 19 if he or she is a full-time student in an elementary or secondary school); or age 18 or older with a disability that began before age 22;
- Parents, age 62 or older, who were dependent on the deceased for at least half of their support; and
- A surviving divorced spouse, under certain circumstances.
The Social Security Website is a valuable resource for information about all of Social Security's programs. There are a number of things you can do online.
In addition to using the Social Security website, you can call them toll-free at 1-800-772-1213. Staff can answer specific questions from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. They can also provide information by automated phone service 24 hours a day. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you may call the TTY number at 1-800-325-0778.
Give yourself the peace of mind in knowing that when the time does come, you have eliminated the emotional and financial burden that occurs when arrangements are not made in advance....Learn More
Flowers are messengers of hope when it's needed the most. Choose from a wide selection of tasteful floral arrangements from our local florists....Learn More
Keepsakes and Memorials
Keepsakes and Memorials are a wonderful way to keep a token with you as a way to celebrate and remember your loved one!...Learn More